cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM Lotus Notes Folders (Not the Inbox) Archive.

Hima
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to archive the E-mails on the created folders (by the users) into the lotus notes client?

The archive task run aginest only the inbox folder and didn't apply the archive policy to the other folders created by the user!

We're using EV 10.0.4 and IBM Domino 9.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi

Are you sure that the items in the user created folder have not been archived? How are you confirming the fact whether they are archived or not? My suspicion is that you think they have not been archived because the EV icon is not being displayed for items in these folders? Is that correct? The EV cion not appearing could be because you have not updated the design of the user created folders after applying the EV mail template.

As per this note in the 'Setting up Domino Server Archiving' guide, there is a very specific configuration step for user created folders to inherit the necessary design changes to show the EV icon:

Note: To upgrade existing user-created folders in each mail file with the Enterprise Vault Notes extensions you use the -s and -u parameters of the Convert utility or choose 'Actions' and the 'Upgrade Folder Design' from within the mail file.

If you can complete this step, can you reply back to this thread on its success or not. If you still do not see the EV icon after doing this step, then I'll reply with other next steps to investigate why they are not archived.

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Honey
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi

Are you sure that the items in the user created folder have not been archived? How are you confirming the fact whether they are archived or not? My suspicion is that you think they have not been archived because the EV icon is not being displayed for items in these folders? Is that correct? The EV cion not appearing could be because you have not updated the design of the user created folders after applying the EV mail template.

As per this note in the 'Setting up Domino Server Archiving' guide, there is a very specific configuration step for user created folders to inherit the necessary design changes to show the EV icon:

Note: To upgrade existing user-created folders in each mail file with the Enterprise Vault Notes extensions you use the -s and -u parameters of the Convert utility or choose 'Actions' and the 'Upgrade Folder Design' from within the mail file.

If you can complete this step, can you reply back to this thread on its success or not. If you still do not see the EV icon after doing this step, then I'll reply with other next steps to investigate why they are not archived.

Regards

Paul

Hima
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Paul,

You were right, it's the design not updated correct for the EV mail template.

The "load convert -s -u mail\*.nsf * ev_mail9.ntf" successfully fix the issue and now the icon shows up..

Thank you for your support :)