cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox folder missing in archive explorer

nazirkolliyath
Level 4

Hi,

One of my user is missing his inbox folder in archive explorer. it can see in normal outlook and in archive explorer its not there. we are using EV 9 and the user mailbox in exchange 2010 and the client is outlook 2010 with Enterprise vault client 9.0.1.1038.

please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Alleman
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

If the steps in Rob's link do not help resolve the issue, you can also try the following steps:

1.) Disable the mailbox from archiving

2.) Export the archive to PST using the Export Wizard from the VAC

3.) Either delete the archive or during the export to PST use the option to delete the content of the archive as it is exported

4.) Clean up the old shortcuts (now orphaned) in the mailbox by doing an advanced find in Outlook on the message class containing "EnterpriseVault"

5.) Reenable the mailbox for archiving

6.) Import the PST back into the new archive/existing archive (depending on what you did in Step 3) with the option to create shortcuts in the mailbox using the Import Wizard from the VAC

You can also open a case with Support who can provide you with a tool called "ArchiveFolderFix" that is usually able to resolve the NULL issues in the SQL view automatically.  However, in some instances it is not able to and the export/import method will guarantee success.

Hope that helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sortid
Level 6

I am currently working through the same issue for a user.  If I do a search I can still see everything, and I can see the folder structure for the archive in SQL, but Archive Explorer cannot map the folder structure for some reason. I have a job open with Symantec about it so will post what I find.

nazirkolliyath
Level 4

Thanks Sortid.. waiting for your feedback..

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hey Guys

Have you tried working through the following technote?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH52763

Chris_Alleman
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

If the steps in Rob's link do not help resolve the issue, you can also try the following steps:

1.) Disable the mailbox from archiving

2.) Export the archive to PST using the Export Wizard from the VAC

3.) Either delete the archive or during the export to PST use the option to delete the content of the archive as it is exported

4.) Clean up the old shortcuts (now orphaned) in the mailbox by doing an advanced find in Outlook on the message class containing "EnterpriseVault"

5.) Reenable the mailbox for archiving

6.) Import the PST back into the new archive/existing archive (depending on what you did in Step 3) with the option to create shortcuts in the mailbox using the Import Wizard from the VAC

You can also open a case with Support who can provide you with a tool called "ArchiveFolderFix" that is usually able to resolve the NULL issues in the SQL view automatically.  However, in some instances it is not able to and the export/import method will guarantee success.

Hope that helps!

-Chris

Sortid
Level 6

We followed this method and it worked ok.  No problems exporting or importing.