Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Normal, Item Failed

favumb
Level 3
Partner
Hi,
In 7.5 sp4 FSA environment in anticipation of migration to 8.0 sp4 I checked the status of the index and i found one archive with the index status Normal but with 11 Item Failed.
With a rebuild the situation does not change. Anyone know how to fix or if this can be a problem for migration

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The IndexMissiing.log file will show you the items that are missing, most likely will be some large files or complex files like PDF's etc
however if you ever come across items that are missing again, just run a repair against the index as a rebuild is completely unnecessary

what i would suggest doing though is try restoring the item, delete fromt he archive then try re-archiving it just in case it was something at that point in time (perhaps memory consumption by the index servers) that stopped the item from converting properly and causing the indexing issues

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Maverik
Level 6

Could be various reasons why the items have not been indexed.  Is there any EV Event Logs during the rebuild/update of the index? By default the poison pill count is 25 so there has to be 25 consecutive failed items for the index to be marked as failed.

favumb
Level 3
Partner
Thanks for the answer
during the rebuild No event,
a month ago there were events such as 7180 (Storage Crawler), ID 6727 (Abnormal error. Reference GIM/gim), ID 6337 (Error populating from an existing indexable item), 7269 (Index, a low level indexing has failed), 7187 (Could not Add Indexble Item. CWC. AV:63)
Can I re-check or identify which items are failed?

Regards

Maverik
Level 6
You could have a look in the index itself and see if the items are showing in the indexmissing.log.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The IndexMissiing.log file will show you the items that are missing, most likely will be some large files or complex files like PDF's etc
however if you ever come across items that are missing again, just run a repair against the index as a rebuild is completely unnecessary

what i would suggest doing though is try restoring the item, delete fromt he archive then try re-archiving it just in case it was something at that point in time (perhaps memory consumption by the index servers) that stopped the item from converting properly and causing the indexing issues

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

favumb
Level 3
Partner
I run rebuild and repair. First time no effect, With the repair i've received many other error and warning on event view but the last (ID 7295) with the result of 28 object added to the index.
Re-check the idex, the status is normal and the Failed Item is Zero...