cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install English Outlook Extension on Office Xp (Traditional Chinese)

Chan_Sum
Level 3
Hi

As title mentioned, when i try restore email from vault store, and select the option of current folder (*** the folder name is chinese character since the accoun is created by chinese outlook first time), then the outlook will create folder named ??? characters, and emails are restored overthere. What is the cause of this problem. and any solutions to tackle it

Thx a lot

Chan
6 REPLIES 6

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Chan,

I'm not sure I follow completely, but here's what i think you're asking. If you do a restore fro m the search webpage within outlook, it will always restore to the "restored items" folder. I f you want to do a more robust restore, use archive explorer or the \EnterpriseVault website (the one which allows baskets).

micah

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
what ev server and ev client versions are you running?

Have you checked the unicode issues document that ships with the product in case the issue is described there?

Chan_Sum
Level 3
Hi

my EV 6 Sp2 is installed on windows 2003 SP1 english and back up email on english 5.5 sp4 server

since my client pc is installed with traditonal chinese windows xp and office xp. When i set up email profile in this pc, outlook will create folder hireachy named chinese character...When i recover email (press restore from vault by using outlook extension).. There is two option ( the first one is restore to current folder (folder named with chinese character), the second one is to restore folder). If i choose the first option, the email will restore to another folder named with strange character...

Chan

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
are you using lite or full client?

Chan_Sum
Level 3
FULL

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
this does sound familar. I suggest you log a case with Symantec support if you have not already.