cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook add in error when win XP language set to Traditional Chinese

EaglesFan
Level 2
Hi,

Our organisation is in the midst of upgrading from Outlook 2003 to 2007, the rollout has been going smoothly with the EV outlook client running ok until we did our HK office.
Around the business we are running EV 2007 Sp3 EN client, including HK. This worked up until 2007 was rolled out, now there is an error and it refuses to load the add-in.

Not speaking chinese, or being able to read it I had to get someone to translate the error. In essence it says 'Outlook refused to load the add-in Enterprise Vault, please get an update of the client from the manufacturer or remove the add-in'.

In my troubleshooting so far I have found the following:
- Using the EN client, Simplified Chinese and English MUI setting in the OS works ok
- Using the ZH-TW client brings up the same error as above.
- Running resetevclient makes no difference
- The add-in does not show in the disabled add-ins section of the help menu, it gets blocked from loading

I do not have access to the back end of the EV server or the Exchange server, so cannot verify any of the components there.

Is there something that needs to be installed server side for this particular language to work only on 2007?

Appreciate any suggestions on the matter!

Thanks,
Tim
2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 Tried?

Have you tried completely uninstalling the add-in, clearing out the \program files folder, and the registry, and installing again?
Working for cloudficient.com

EaglesFan
Level 2
Yes I have done a full reinstallation, there doesn't appear to be anything left in the program files or searchable in the registry that I can see.