cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Full Client for Outlook 2k3

adam_godwin
Level 3
I can not get the full client to run in my Outlook 2k3.
It is installed from \ev60\Enterprise Vault 6.0\Enterprise Vault 6.0\User Extensions\English
What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Adam
11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you trying to install this on your workstation? Make sure you are a local admin. Also, did you have the lite client installed previously? Are you getting an error message?

adam_godwin
Level 3
I did have the lite client installed first. After i installed the full client the Enterprise Vault menu (under tools) disapeared. i selected an archived item, then the Enterprise Vault menu reappeared.

i am the local admin.

this is on my workstation.

no error message.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hey Adam,

Is your install failing or is the full client just not working? Anyway, you have the correct path. The full client is EVClient60M.msi. the lite client is EVDesktop.msi.

adam_godwin
Level 3
Jason,

the install completes.

Outlook acts like the lite client is being used.

TonySterling
I would remove them both then re-install the full client.
Remove the full client in Add\Remove programs. To remove the lite client locate the C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files for Internet Explorer and right click on the ev client and choose Remove.

Then re-install the full client. Make sure OL is closed while this is going on.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
If you are using cached mode then the full client will behave like the lite client. Make sure you aren't using cached mode.

Anyway, since I did your installation, how is everything else going? I didn't f-up your setup I hope. =P

adam_godwin
Level 3
Im not in cached mode.

Here is something weird. I see the Full Client options if i open a mailbox that has not been archived.

TonySterling
you might want to open a cmd window, cd to the root of c: and type Del extend.dat /s

this will delete the extend.dat which has the info for your Outlook plugins. Make sure OL is closed when you do this, then open OL.

adam_godwin
Level 3
Outlook is unchanged. The full client is only usable when outlook is opened as a non archived user.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hmm....check your mailbox policies to see if the tabs are being hidden.

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You might want to check your desktop policies and make sure that you are not restricting anything. Also check that the Use Self-Inall option under policies is set to 'Off'

Additionally check that there is no registry entry under HKCU\software\kvs\enterprise vault - for UseSelfInstallFunct as if this exists and is set to 1 the client will behave in the Lite mode function.

If you are using V5 then make sure that UseSelfInstallFunct is not defined in your Desktopsettings.txt file in the EV install directory.

Cheers