Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing EV reporting on DA or Clustered EV servers

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Experts,

Please let me know if it is possible to install reporting services on DA or on the clustered EV servers? What are the complication may arive if it is installed.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6

Installing SSRS on the EV Server isn't that bad, it doesn't really add that much overhead to be honest.
but remember that you will have to install SSRS on each node of the cluster as SSRS is not cluster aware (though i *think* that changed with 2012)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

what version of EV? If i remember rightly you can only install EV reporting on SQL servers that runs SQL reporting services. I remembered testing this for someone posting the same question on here a few weeks back. If you try to run the EV reporting install it will try and dectect SQL reporting services and if it does not detect it it won't let you install. try and run it and see what you get? I could be wrong.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

This is what I get when i try to run EV reporting on the EV server (attached)

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you have SSRS installed on the same server as DA i dont see why it wouldnt work. you can have the reporting databases remotely located on another sql server. i wouldnt recommend installing SSRS on your EV server itself.

JesusWept3
Level 6

Installing SSRS on the EV Server isn't that bad, it doesn't really add that much overhead to be honest.
but remember that you will have to install SSRS on each node of the cluster as SSRS is not cluster aware (though i *think* that changed with 2012)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Thanks All,

I was looking at the Reporting guide... Here is what it says..though it does not talk about EV in cluster

Where and when to install Enterprise Vault Reporting

Typically, the Enterprise Vault Reporting component is installed without any

other Enterprise Vault components on a server that runs Microsoft SQL Server

Reporting Services. However, you can include the Reporting component as part

of an Enterprise Vault server installation, if the required prerequisites are met.

You can install the Enterprise Vault Reporting component at any time. However,

you must not run the Reporting Configuration utility until after you have run the

Enterprise Vault Configuration wizard successfully on at least one computer in

the site on which Enterprise Vault services are installed.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think the main line is "if the required prerequisites are met"

A prereq for reporting is to have SQL Reporting services installed. The error is pretty clear on that.

So, on the server where you want to install this, if you goto http://servername/reports does it show anything?

If not, you need to either install SSRS, or configure it.

Regards. Gertjan