cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing OWA 2003 Extensions EV8 sp1 - error

Bd3Leeuw
Level 3
Hello everybody,

Similair to the topic: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/cannot-install-ev-owa-2003-extensions I get a popup during the install of OWA 2003 Extensions EV8 sp1.
This on the Front-end server, strange enough it previously it ran EV 7.5 SP5 OWA 2003 Extensions., but now is says

Product: Symantec Enterprise Vault OWA 2003 Extensions -- Symantec Enterprise Vault OWA 2003 Extensions requires Exchange 2003 with Outlook Web Access to be installed.

On the front end server has control files version 6.5.7651.60.

Any ideas?!

Thanks in advance,
Leeuw
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Does your server have Exchange System Manager installed?

I  escalated (and it's fixed in 8 SP 3 - which isn't available) an issue exactly like this.  The installer checks for the presence of a file which is part of Exchange System Manager, so if ESM isn't installed, the install fails.

Workaround (for now) is to copy exadmin.dll to the bin folder from an existing Exchange 2003 server which does have ESM installed, or temporarily install ESM.

Hope that helps,

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Does your server have Exchange System Manager installed?

I  escalated (and it's fixed in 8 SP 3 - which isn't available) an issue exactly like this.  The installer checks for the presence of a file which is part of Exchange System Manager, so if ESM isn't installed, the install fails.

Workaround (for now) is to copy exadmin.dll to the bin folder from an existing Exchange 2003 server which does have ESM installed, or temporarily install ESM.

Hope that helps,

Bd3Leeuw
Level 3
Hi Rob,

thanks for the tip, we fooled the installation by copying the exadmin.dll as you said.
Good to hear it will be fixed in sp3.

The installation worken perfect (except for some warnings and errors, but thats an other story).

Kind regards,
Leeuw

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Glad to help....