Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After archive export/import into new forest mailboxes have double links

ivo_vandenbrand
Level 3
Hello,

We had on one side a forest with EV7.5

As we migrated to a new network, due to expansion of the ICT services, we had new exchange servers setup.
All mailboxes/users were migrated between the forests without problems.

Also, as said in the manuals of EV, I exported all mailbox archives to .PST files.

We then reimported these PST files in the mailbox archives on the new servers (EV 8 SP2).

Now, problem we have is that all user mailboxes have 2 identical links to each archived mail item, of which one works and one not.
Is there any way to scan the mailboxes for faulty links? Or have it delete all links and recreate them as needed?
Or do I have to learn and live with this fact that nothing can be done about it?

Hope someone can help me out here,

Many thanks,
Ivo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Ivo,

Try the script I sent you ;)

--wayne

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited
I do not believe there is a process that will do what you want easily.  If you delete the links there is no way to then recreate them, you can recreate existing ones but not missing ones.

one way would be to
Can you sort a users inbox by message class (IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut), find the shortcut items and then delete the old shortcuts.  Not an easy method but one that could work.

Anyone with a better idea ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
My take would be to write a bit of VBSCRIPT with CDO and scan each mailbox for all IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut items.  This will give you both the "old" non-working ones, and the "new" working ones.  Then for each of these items that you find, look for something else unique on the old ones, perhaps the archiveid at the least the trailing part with the site/server information on it...  once located, report on them, and if happy run again and delete them.

Only issue would be left would be calendar items, we don't turn them in to IPM.*.Shortcut... but at least the above would lessen things, and it might give you an idea for calendar items?
Working for cloudficient.com

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited

You could delete all EV shortcuts and educate your users to use enterprisevault/search.asp or enterprisevault/archiveexploterui.asp to access the old items.

MichelZ
Level 6
Yeah, search by message class, and by changed date.
This should do the trick if you did not move the mailbox and imported the PST at the same time.

Little more drastic would be to export the "new" archive again, delete the archive, delete ALL shortcuts in the mailbox, and then create a new archive & import the pst again...

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

ivo_vandenbrand
Level 3
Rob,

This would be nice if I was a VBScript freak, which I'm not..

Any way you might have a link with a pre-made script I can change to scan for IPM.Note....

For calendar items this is no problem, as we only archive email items, nothing else..

thanks.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Ivo,

Try the script I sent you ;)

--wayne

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Wayne's scripts should not be trusted ... he copies them off me ALL THE TIME.. and then takes all the credit LOL
Working for cloudficient.com