cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing on a Domain Controller

hmarques
Not applicable
Hi all.

I´ve installed Enterprise Vault for test purpose and now I want to follow to the real.

The server I pretend to use is DC, and i´m having some trouble.
When installing MSMQ, i´m unable to set the security on MSMQ. In the "Security" tab, says I "cant use it in workgroup". The workaround is installing MSMQ with AD integration.
Then created the Vault Service Account, but i´m unable to add it to local Administrators, because i dont have Local Users and Groups, as this machine is a DC.
Demote the server is the last option...

Any help?
Thanks

Message Edited by hmarques on 11-22-2007 09:18 AM
3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

Do yourself a favour and install another server for EV...
It makes your life easier.
Just use vmware server or so if it's a test environment anyway.

You won't install it on the DC in the real world, wouldn't you?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

MarkB_2
Level 4
Totally agree with Michel. EV needs its own server as it is resource hungry. Also, as you have seen, DC's will be locked down a lot more than a normal server.

You will be better off using a VMWare image to install it on - just make sure you give the image a lot of RAM.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
I agree, install EV on a separate server. There are additional 'Send As' restrictions on a domain controller. You have to make changes on this system that will not exist on your production EV environment.

It is not a bad idea to have domain controller that is a GC (Global Catalog) close (network) in an EV environment. There are many calls made to a GC. If my memory serves correct each time the users are synchronized the GC is called so the EV server can synch many of the AD properties to the EV SQL server Exchange Mailbox table.

Jim S.