cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a maximum Vault cache size ?

janbon
Not applicable

Hi,

I know there is a setting (OVStoreSize) to limit the size of the Vault Cache. The setting specifies 999 GB as the max size, but is that really a feasible size?  Assuming it uses unicode PST like architecture, I would think it was limited to 50 GB?

The real reason I'm asking is that I have a user with 70 GB of Vault data, that insists on having it available offline. Is that possible? Is it recommendable?

We are using Enterprise Vault for Exchange version 8 SP4

best regards

/janbon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

There was a maximum size for Offline Vault of nearly 25gb, however Vault Cache has a theoretical size limit somewhere in the terabytes.

The only issue you wil run into with a VC of 70gb is the time taken to sync it down.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

There was a maximum size for Offline Vault of nearly 25gb, however Vault Cache has a theoretical size limit somewhere in the terabytes.

The only issue you wil run into with a VC of 70gb is the time taken to sync it down.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

We have a couple of users here who have particularly large Vault Caches including me! It should be fine though the time to download may be large as Marvin says above. The other thing to watch out for is the free disk space as there will come a point where we will limit the size of VC based on the available free disk space. From the help file

"The default size limit is 10% of the unused disk space when the Vault Cache is created."

EVuser01
Level 2

Hello,

I have a user where his VC sync is complete, but has 155,467 "items to download". Current cache size is 24.7GB and Maximum cache size is 84GB. His machine has 221gb of free space. What can hang the remaining items to download? Policy settings? Thanks.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

janbon, it's totally possible, provided the user has the disk space :)

Working for cloudficient.com