Matthew_Bennett
Level 4
Archive Server :-
EV6
Windows 2003 server STD

Email Server:-
Exchange 2000
Windows 2000 sp4

Journal Archiving stopped working 22 days ago, not noticed till today, currently
Journal Mailbox is 6 gb in size - 72000 items.

Journal mailbox is set to delete items once archived.
Users mail box archives are working ok (use a seperate vault store to the Journal)

I have rebooted the Archive Server to try resolve plus restarted services, to no effect.
I have checked the Journal messages Queues and they are clear except J3 queue which has 1 item in it, it this has been like this for a number of months.

I have checked the watch file in SQL and it is clear.
I have connected to the Journal mailbox in outlook (took along long time to resolve) and tried to archive a mail manualy but got an error saying cannot find store.

Both Servers can ping each other.

Since it starting happen the event views for enterprise vault have been giving the following event IDs :- 3277, 2270, 3310, 2216, 2262,

Any ideas any one ??

Matthew.
2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you post the text of the events that would help, as the content varies.

Also, stop all the task and begin a dtrace of the journal task and then start it.

see http://support.veritas.com/docs/276120 for steps.

let it run for a few minutes and post the results here.

You might also want to contact support if you have not already, as these issues can be a bit tricky.

Matthew_Bennett
Level 4
Hi.

I have just shut down our Email Server and rebooted it, which seems to have brought the journal back to life. It seems that one of my Technicians had been messing about with Message queueing services without informing me.

Many Thanks for the quick response.

Matthew.