cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal Message stuck in pending state

gockenbr
Level 3

Hello,

We currently have a group of about 580 messages that are stuck in a pending state on our Journaling mailbox. It appears that there are about 300 from a hour period of time on September 1st and 300 from a hours period of time on September 30th. Between those times and currently all other messages appear to be properly put into the archive. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can check/try to get these messages filed into the archive? I have checked the MSMQ and they all show nothing waiting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance,

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The first thing to do is to open Outlook on the Journal Mailbox(es) and use the "Cancel Pending" icon to set them back to a normal state.  They should then be rearchived and removed.

You can also search the archive to see if they have been archived and just delete them from the mailbox.

It would appear that something happened during the post-archive process that disrupted things.  Did it happen in the same hour of the day?  What else was happening just before that timeframe (i.e. backups, system outage, etc...)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The first thing to do is to open Outlook on the Journal Mailbox(es) and use the "Cancel Pending" icon to set them back to a normal state.  They should then be rearchived and removed.

You can also search the archive to see if they have been archived and just delete them from the mailbox.

It would appear that something happened during the post-archive process that disrupted things.  Did it happen in the same hour of the day?  What else was happening just before that timeframe (i.e. backups, system outage, etc...)

gockenbr
Level 3

I did check the vaults previous and the messages weren't in there. So I took your first peice of advice and canceled the operation on all the messages returning them to normal state. After about 5 min they all disappeared. 

As far as for the times this happened it was two different times of the day when backups weren't running. I'm can't think of anything out of the ordinary that happened on those days.

Thanks again for the help!

Brad

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please don't use cancel operation in your journal mailbox, you should never use any of the manual operations , there are options to do this in the journal archiving policy, doing things like cancel operation does more harm than good in the long run

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146