cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling And Exchange

colmtourque
Level 4
Running Vault 2007 and exchange 2003.
We have currently setup the exchange server to journal and apparently vault was being looked at as an option to vault the journal mailbox. My question is this, is there anyway to use vault to journal?  We're a small shop and another exchange server is not an option. My bet is no, since I see no feature of vault for such a task. Does anyone know of any other software for exchange journaling?
2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Lukens
Level 5
Enterprise Vault archives messages from the journal mailbox, but it doesn't actually contain functionality to perform the journaling.

Depending on message volume, you might be able to get away without a dedicated Exchange server for journaling.  However, I would highly recommend at least a dedicated storage group on its own disk spindles.  Normally, EV empties the journal maibox once per minute, but if journal archiving fails or is down for some reason, you don't want to fill up the storage groups containing user mailboxes.  Exchange is also disk I/O intensive so you need to be careful about significantly increasing the load by adding journaling to existing disk.

colmtourque
Level 4
thanks