cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journaling mailbox archiving not working in new Enterprise vault 12.1

pravingoud
Level 4

Dear Team,

i am facing journaling mail archving issue on enterprise vault 12.1 enviourment.i have also opened case with veritas we are working on this issue past 3 days but still we didnt get any solution..there is no event viewer generating any error. we are troubleshooting through Dtrace. stilll i am facing this issue.its very crucial. continues my database size increasing there is huge mail flow.please help me if any one have any solution or suggestion asap.

kindly find the attached last Dtrace details.and msmq que screen shot.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Pravin Goud

Enterprise Vault Admin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jakob
Level 5
Partner

We´ve had a similar issue (Case# 21229957) with MUTEX Errors in the drace log. There was a relation to a McAfee AV on the exchange server. Maybe you can ask the veritas support if they can compare the cases.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jakob
Level 5
Partner

We´ve had a similar issue (Case# 21229957) with MUTEX Errors in the drace log. There was a relation to a McAfee AV on the exchange server. Maybe you can ask the veritas support if they can compare the cases.

Dear jakob,

Thanks for the support :) 

We have disabled Macfee AV on journaling server. also tried do find error in Dtrace but still we are facing same issue.past a week we are working with veritas team but still we didnt get any solution.if you have any idea or suggestion please share with us.  

Regards,

Pravin Goud

Hola jakob,

Thank You so much :)

As checked  we disbled Macfee on exchange server and observed and noticed  journaling archiving working properly.

issue has been resolved :)

now help me for next solution what we can do with macfee AV? there is any patches we should installed on all EV and Exchange server? please help us if you have any suggetion.

Regards,

Pravin Goud 

We have seen issues with McAfee 8.8 patch 4 and it is not supported on EV server.  Please see below.  

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH222621

If that is installed on Exchange I would suggest getting to the latest patch level to see if that helps. 

Regards,

Patrick 

Hi Pravin,

we made also an update of McAfee. But i´m not sure if there was additional configuring necessary - it´s a few years ago. Unfortunately i´m not responsible for the exchange system and can not check the settings.

Jakob

Dear plaudone,

Already we have upgraded patch 4 to 9 on all enterprise vault server.we have noticed here issue with macfee on exchange 2013.so what would you suggest us to resolve this issue.

Hello Jakob,

Still we are working on this issue. our security team has opned case with macfee let's see what mcfee could help us.i would update you regarding this issue.thanks for the your support. :) 

Regards,

Pravin Goud.