cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon prompt while archiving

channaveera_swa
Level 4
Hi

My EV setup is EV6 SP3. All outlook users are with full EV client. When some of the users try to archive the mails, they are prompted for logon.

For some users after logon the archive works fine, bur for some the logon prompt reappears and keeps repeating.

I tryed the SET command on few users and all users are pointed to the same logon server.
21 REPLIES 21

Andy_Lukens
Level 5
I followed these steps and now I don't get the second authentication prompt when a client is configured for RPC over HTTP. However, I can't search the archives or use Archive Explorer when not on the corporate network.

Has anyone found a solution, either through IE or EV configuration to allow for access to the vault using RPC over HTTP from anywhere, but without the user having to enter their credentials a second time?

Thanks,

Andy

Atul_R
Level 4
Well, we finally found this great workaround for the logon prompt issue. Go into Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab. For the Internet Zone, click on Custom level - and go down to User authentication. Change it to 'Automatic logon with current username and password'.
This has fixed this issue for us for a huge majority of affected users. Now we just have a couple of really stubborn cases left.