cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Store in Vault from a PST file?

Abug
Level 2
When using PST archiving, is it an automatic process only?  Basically what I was trying to do allow users to archive items from their PST files manually without the system pulling everything in.  As an example, my mailbox on the server is EV enabled.  I can manually store items in my archive from my inbox or folders on the server.  However, if I want to archive a specific message from a pst on my hard drive, I can not just click on the message and "store in vault".  Instead, I receive a message "You cannot archive items from this location".  The only way I can get this to work is to move the message back to my mailbox on the server, then store it in the vault. 

The eventual plan is to get rid of all pst's.  In the meantime, we would like users to be able to archive only what they want to keep from their pst files.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

No, you cannot do that.  To achieve something like it, use EVPM to create a folder which archives items after 0 days old. Users can then drag items into this folder and they would them be archived that night.