cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass recall fails after 25 files

pjoules
Level 2
When our Enterprise vault server was set up the person who configured it set the FSA task to archive too high in the directory tree.  I have been asked to force a mass recall of one of the branches.

I am doing this by copying the files to a temp location as the copy forces a recall.  (If there's a better way of doing this then I'd be grateful to hear it).  I can only copy 25 files at a time.  If I try to do more the it fails after 25 with the message "Could not copy file <name>. The remote storage service was not available to process the request".

Does anyone know if there is a way round this issue as there is about 2Gb of files to recall with an average size of 100k so it will take me forever if I do have to do them 25 at a time.

On a related note... Can I apply a different policy to the existing FSA task to exclude this branch without side effects or do I have to set up an entirely new task and archive at a lower level in the tree and simply leave the existing task stopped?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will want to use FSA utility.  there is information about it in the Utilities guide.

Also, here is a technote:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319381.htm

If I understand what you are trying to do you can set up the folders with a folder policy to exclude it from archiving.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

You will want to use FSA utility.  there is information about it in the Utilities guide.

Also, here is a technote:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319381.htm

If I understand what you are trying to do you can set up the folders with a folder policy to exclude it from archiving.

pjoules
Level 2
Thanks for pointing me to the FSAUtility, sounds just what I need.

Yes I would like to amend the policies for the task.  My question is, if I do so now it has already archived a significant number of files will there be any side effects from applying an additional policy?

TonySterling

There are not any side effects that I can think of.  You just need to add those folders as targets and apply the new policy to them.  From that point forward that is the policy that will be used. 

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Set the following reg key:
-- HKLM/Software/KVS/Enterprise Vault/FSA/PlaceholderService
-- Dword: BypassRecallLimitsForAdmins set to 1
-- set the account performing the mass recalls as a local administrator on the fileserver