cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

John_Evers
Level 5
Hi,

I migrate all the personal folders of our users manually but when a migrating is finished it is not sending a message to the user which was archived with a notification that his personal folder is archived. I edit the file "PSTMigratedMessage.msg" but it was not send anywhere.

Anyone a suggestion?
3 REPLIES 3

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
John,
did you drop the pstmigratedmessage.msg in to the c:\program files\enterprise vault directory?

micah

John_Evers
Level 5
Micah,

Yes, all the messages are dropped into the c:\program files\enterprise vault directory. When i migrate a mailbos he is sending a EnableMailboxMessage.msg
but no other message was sending when a pst was migrated.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
John,
I believe the pst messages are only sent if you're doing a client push methodology, not the server pull. I'm betting that you haven't enabled the client push for the client's you're migrating. A good description of this service can be found in the admin guide, but hte long and short of it is that once you enable the client (right click on personal files, select enable clients) for push, it sends out the message to tell them that they're going to start chunking their pst's to the server. That way they don't get confused when they're stuff starts to disappear slowly.

micah