cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating EV enabled mailboxes to Exchange 2007 from 2003 - How?

BitBucket
Level 4

We're about to upgrade to Exchange 2007 from 2003 and will be migrating mailboxes from our old Exchange 2003 server to a new Exchange 2007 server.

What is the procedure for getting the migrated mailboxes / users linked back up with Enterprise Vault?

Do all the placeholders come over?  Will they still work correctly?

Is there anything about this procedure that I should know?

3 REPLIES 3

EV_Guru
Level 4
Partner

Migrations projects are normally difficult and much things must be covers that everything runs fine. It depends if you are moving items to the other exchange mailboxes or if you are new creating the mailboxes and much more. Related to that there is a different result if the system is still working or not.

The most customers are getting an EV & Exchange Consultant for helping them...

www.longerich.com

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is a document that I can send to you called Manaing Exchange Migrations with EV that one of our Technical Field Enablement guys wrote. Ping me you email address and I will send it through to you.

BitBucket
Level 4

Thanks Paul, I'll send you my e-mail address.

I'll probably be using the "Move Mailbox" function in Exchange to move the mailboxes from 2003 to 2007.

I'd rather not use a consultant for anything.  We're a skilled shop and should be able to handle this.  I installed EV 7.5 and then upgraded to 8.0 without needing help from a consultant. 

The resources in these forums have been good enough so far.  If EV was so difficult that it required consultants with specialized skills to set up and manage, we never would have purchased it in the first place.

Symantec should pride itself on making such a great product like EV so easy to use.