cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Archive data to new storage

Stanley_Korivi
Level 3

Hi, Our storage team is moving off the exisiting storage to some completely new storage farm. I currently have one Vault store with 3 Vault store partitions out of which 2 of them are closed & 1 open.

The size of each closed partition is about 2TB each & open partition is about 500GB. Any idea how long it might take to copy these files considering there are tons of files in these stores.

Also can they copy the closed partition to new storage & flip drives letters after the move without taking any outage?

I am trying to understand, What is the best way to move this data to new storage infrastructure with minimal impact or downtime & how much effort is actually involved like do i need to run any SQL scripts or just copy the data is sufficinet to new storage etc?

Any help with some detailed steps or point to any exisiting knowledgebase links if documented already is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, you can copy the data (with robocopy) to the new location, when the data is migrated, stop the EV services, swap driveletters and start the services and you run on the new location. Downtime is only a few minutes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes, you can copy the data (with robocopy) to the new location, when the data is migrated, stop the EV services, swap driveletters and start the services and you run on the new location. Downtime is only a few minutes.