Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving EV Archive from Merging company to main EV Server

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We are on EV 10.0.1 email archiving. Anohter company is merging (20 users) to our company and they have their own EV Server (about 2TB archived data)

What is the best way to migrate those users mailbox archives into our main EV server? 

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There are a few ways:

1/ Export the archive to PST, then import into new archives in your environment.

2/ Set up Move Archive

Sometimes getting this to work across organisations can be tricky .. firewalls, firewalls, firewalls, etc, etc.

3/ Use a third party tool like Archive Shuttle from QUADROtech.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There are a few ways:

1/ Export the archive to PST, then import into new archives in your environment.

2/ Set up Move Archive

Sometimes getting this to work across organisations can be tricky .. firewalls, firewalls, firewalls, etc, etc.

3/ Use a third party tool like Archive Shuttle from QUADROtech.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Move archive is probably the best bet, I mean for 20 users it's not really worth a third party migration piece And move archive will keep intact metadata stored in the database liked archived dates which a PST export import won't keep But it is also going to be dependent on what version of EV they are running also
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Rob and JW, The domains that are EV servers on, they have to be trusted domains I guess for Move Archive to work?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Two Way Forest Trust  is what I have seen working in the past between forests.  I've seen lots of trouble with 'less' than that.

ia01
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Rob