cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP - Blank Pages when trying to open vaulted items thru OWA

Jeff_Bakin
Level 3
HELP!!!

Trying to get vaulted items open through OWA but get just a blank page in return. Using KVS 4.0 CP6. Was working before, not working now...

No configurations (that we know of) have changed besides a problem with the Exchange server, and now we are running on the 2nd node of our cluster (usually the passive one) and it is not working. Have not yet failed the cluster back over to our normal server. Anyone patient and willing to help out? Not sure even where to begin to look, as the engineer that configured this system has since left us, we're short on good documentation, and Veritas will not support us because our product is too old. HELP PLEASE!!!!
13 REPLIES 13

W_Wintermute
Level 4
Blank pages are often a problem with proxycfg
Make sure that proxycfg is configured the same way on both nodes on the BE Exchange Servers.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
In case you are unsure on how to do that, from the command line on each server type the following:

proxycfg

This will return the proxy settings. That is what you want to compare.

Jeff_Bakin
Level 3
Yup the BE Exchange servers, the proxycfg is identical. I was speaking with another engineer here, and just wondering that the EV OWA Extensions were configured on our 2nd node. Going to check that later on tonght to see if that might be the cause. Everything else (at least to me) seems to be correct.

TonySterling
Good plan, the config might not have been ran. Also make sure to verify the settings on the virtual directories for each server.

Jeff_Bakin
Level 3
Checked all of the settings on the virtual servers and they all seem correct. We reran the OWA Extensions config, to no avail. Still cannot get into vaulted items. We can't restart IIS at the moment due to rules on our network unfortunately. Does IIS need to be restarted after running the OWA Extensions config?

TonySterling
That is pretty weird. Did you check the Exchange Virtual directory as well?
Also, verify the VSA permissions.

Jeff_Bakin
Level 3
VSA Permissions? What exactly is that (like I said before, we have little to no documentation/support on KVS). I appreciate your help on this as well. :)

TonySterling
VSA is short for Vault Service account. Typically the VSA needs to be a local admin on the Exchange server.

Jeff_Bakin
Level 3
Oh ok, yeah we checked that a few days ago, and the permissions on that account is fine. Still no clue.....

TonySterling
Are you able to fail back over the nodes?

W_Wintermute
Level 4
I'm assuming that the problem is with the Backend Server, based on what you've said. But just to be sure, if you do: http://backendservername/exchange
and click on an archived item, do you still get a blank page?

Does it write anything to the IIS Logs on the Enterprise Vault Server when you do that? It would be good to know if the request is even making it to the Enterprise Vault Server. It doesn't sound like it.

Can you ping the Enterprise Vault Server from that node?

Usually, blank pages are the result of proxycfg being misconfigured.
I've also seen it when SSL is set up on an EV Virtual Directory on the Backend Exchange Server.

Sometimes there's a problem with the configuration of the EVOWAUSR account. But since it works on the other node, and that's configured on EV, that shouldn't be the issue.

I'd recheck that the Virtual Directories and Proxycfg on the non-working and working nodes and confirm they match up and general connectivity to the EV box.

If that doesn't work, you need to upgrade to at least 5.0 so that support can help out.

Jeff_Bakin
Level 3
Yeah, I pretty much figure that the problem is on the BE server as well. One thing I did notice, on IIS, under Exch Virtual Server\ExchWeb...the anonymous account is set to IUSR_servername on the node that is working, and on our node that isn't working, its set to one of our engineer's regular user accounts.

Unfortunately, due to our customer, we cannot fail over back to the node that does work until tomorrow night, and restarting of any IIS services during the day is a no-no as well. They are really tight about these type things.

As far as pinging the KVS server, that's fine. Checked proxycfg a few times, and they are identical on both nodes. And I wish we could upgrade to at least 5.0, but then again, the gov't is holding the cards when it comes to that as well.

Marcel_Bernards
Not applicable
I had a similar issue here on our OWA system.

I turned out to be a URLSCAN setting.
RemoveServerHeader=0 for enterprise vault.

Marcel