cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTFS to Center errors in log II

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

I’m in the middle of a migration from SAN to Centera in the process of getting rid of the old servers unfortunately while moving one partition I got the message

“Error loading SavesetId XXXX, The system cannot find the file specified.  [0x80070002] - run EVSVR to verify/repair this error.”

To run this tool would take me far too long as I have few millions items in the partition and I would get networks,… problems during the run so this would not help me.

I thought at manually removing the saveset id entry from the db ( SQL 2005) .

Can you please tell me if this is possible, if yes which entry I have to delete And if there is another solution to solve this problem.

Thank you for your help

Sandrine

7 REPLIES 7

Maverik
Level 6

Does the NTFS to Centera Migrator actually stop because of these messages? What version of EV are you using.  If it does not stop why worry about it, unless you can recover the missing saveset from backup and restore it and re-run the tool. 

Removing the entry straight from the DB would not be a supported method and you also would end up having to remove constraints etc from the saveset table. 

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thanks Don for the answer.

The version is EV8 SP4.

And no it doesn't stop but if I want to delete the parttion in the console it as to be free of mistakes AND I have to do it as we want to decomission the server hosting this partition.

And in the older back-up I can use the saveset also doen't exist so there is no way for me to recover it.

Sandrine

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you use delete02k.asp to perform the delete it will take care of any cleanup on the DB. Then you can re-archive the item later

Maverik
Level 6

I think you could also use EVSVR with the Repeair Deletesurplusreferences option.  You could then only target the NTFS parition and as far as the database will be concerned there is only the items in this location that have not been migrated using the tool.  Therefore it should be pretty quick and will do them all. The fact there is millions of items on storage should be irrelevant as this option only looks at what SQL says I believe.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Here to access the delete02k do the following

first identify the SaveSetID and Vault ID of the SaveSet that is giving the error

Login to the EV server with your service account

Next in your web browse type http://evserver/EnterpriseVault/deleteo2k.asp? VaultID=XXXXX&SaveSetID=YYYYY

Replace XXXXX with the VaultID and replace YYYY with the SaveSetID

Then press enter

This will delete the item from the archive 

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you all for the help.

I tried the deleteo2k.asp but without any success as the file doesn't exist : "The system cannot find the file specified" 

I'm looking deeper into the evrsv thing.

I logged a case with symantec and I hope they can help me in this.

Sandrine

Liam_Finn1
Level 6

Delete 02k is not for file names you need to get the savesetID and the vaultID of the item to perform the delete with this method