cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some tool to analyse the exchange database before deployment

Magnus_Anders1
Level 3
Hi, during the EV7 training I viewed a report that specified how many email-messages and so on a Exchange database had stored.
You could even see for example how many emails there are that are more than 30 days or older. A perfect reporttool that you can use at the customer to show them how much storage and how many emails that can be archived.

Anyone who knows where I can get my hands on this tool?
2 REPLIES 2

Alan_M
Level 6
Its called Exchange Store Reporter and it is a Symantec Professional Services tool. You can download the tool if someone provides you a URL but you still need them to analyze the results and provide you a Spreadsheet. Talk to your Symantec Account Team - the Sales Engineer might be willing to do this for you.

One other possibility is to use something like Quest MessageStats which has a free trial download.

Robert_Ton
Level 5
You could also set your Exchange policy accordingly (i.e. everything older than 30 days) and run the archiving task in report mode. This will generate a report which shows the number of messages which meet the archiving critiera. (aka: older than 30 days)

EDITED: OOPS - sounds like you don't have EV installed. But when you do...this is one way to do it :-)Message was edited by:
Robert Ton