Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know the Storage size

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Hi All ,

Have the following question .
1. How do i check the actual size of the vault store and the compressed size? I am aware about the vault store summary report but not sure the size displayed in the vault store summary report is it compressed or uncompressed .
2 Need to know which report I need to run which would give me Total size of archived items (MB)"  and "Total original size of items (MB) for a vault store .
Storage being used is NTFS
Compression is disabled in partition properties (as NTFS)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi RahulG, There is no report for this, you will need to get this from SQL itself
SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'Number of Items', MIN(ArchivedDate) as 'Date From', MAX (ArchivedDate) AS 'Date to', SUM(ItemSize)/1024 AS 'Saveset Size (MB)', SUM(OriginalSize)/1024/1024 AS 'Orignal Size (MB)'
FROM Saveset INNER JOIN SavesetProperty ON Saveset.SavesetIdentity = SavesetProperty.SavesetIdentity WHERE ArchivedDate >'2008-03-04 22:00'
AND ArchivedDate < '2000-03-05 6:00'
If you have many databases to query you can use the USE command in SQL to specify each of the databases
USE database 2
SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'Number of Items', MIN(ArchivedDate) as 'Date From', MAX (ArchivedDate) AS 'Date to', SUM(ItemSize)/1024 AS 'Saveset Size (MB)', SUM(OriginalSize)/1024/1024 AS 'Orignal Size (MB)'
FROM Saveset INNER JOIN SavesetProperty ON Saveset.SavesetIdentity = SavesetProperty.SavesetIdentity WHERE ArchivedDate >'2008-03-04 22:00'

UNION

USE database 2
This will query all the databsese and then UNION the results into one output

You could look at this too and combine the two:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/get-all-list-all-archives-0

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi RahulG, There is no report for this, you will need to get this from SQL itself
If you have many databases to query you can use the USE command in SQL to specify each of the databases
USE database 2

UNION

USE database 2
This will query all the databsese and then UNION the results into one output

You could look at this too and combine the two:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/get-all-list-all-archives-0

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Thanks for the reply wayne . Can you please let me know if there is any line which i need to chage in the query as when I run the query it give the result as null.. i am not good at Sql . Also do we need SQl reporting installed ? or monitoring enabled ?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

HA?  im a bit confuesed --> null?

Nope, just open that up in SQL Management Studio

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You do need to run the query agains your Vault Store database.  If using the second query then set the database names in place of Database 2

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
I have selected the correct database to be used
the result shows number of item as 0 so the i guess the rest of the colum are set to null .

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

ah, ok.  I think the dates are backwards, switch the years around so the smaller year is first.  You could also use between

SELECT COUNT(*) AS 'Number of Items', MIN(ArchivedDate) as 'Date From', MAX (ArchivedDate) AS 'Date to', SUM(ItemSize)/1024 AS 'Saveset Size (MB)', SUM(OriginalSize)/1024/1024 AS 'Orignal Size (MB)' FROM Saveset INNER JOIN SavesetProperty ON Saveset.SavesetIdentity = SavesetProperty.SavesetIdentity WHERE ArchivedDate BETWEEN '2000-03-04 22:00'AND '2008-03-05 6:00'