cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restore a Users Mailbox that been deleted and is now "Marked for deletion"

Matthew_Bennett
Level 4

Can some one please advise.

I have accidently deleted a users mailbox store in the EV Console this afternoon and now its "Marked for deletion".

(Note I have not deleted their AD/Exchange account)

I need to get it back before the user's archived mails are deleted.

In the EnterpriseVaultDirectory there is a Table called DBO.Archive whihc lists all the users mailboxes, except this one That I have not as marked for deletion.

I have found it in the DBO.archivehistory table.

Also whats the task or process that completes the deletion process, and how can I stop/postpone it.

Any help /advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Matthew.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It could, did you not disable the user from archiving?

If you look in the archive are there any archived items?  Most likely if you want the old archived items you will still need to do the DR.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling

You can use this TN;

How to change an Archive's status from "Marked for deletion" to "Available" for an archive that will not delete.

Article:TECH49414  |  Created: 2006-01-23  |  Updated: 2012-09-17  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49414

Matthew_Bennett
Level 4

Hi Tony.

I had already found this document and the SQL query is bringing back not results,

the actual user record does not exist in the DBO.archive table. it is in the DBO.ArchiveHistory table.

So I dont know how to get it back.

In fact now the Users actual store has now disappeared out of the Vault Console.

Matthew.

TonySterling

So that means the deletion completed.  It was probably only present in the Vault Admin Console until it refreshed.

If you want this archive back you are most likely going to have to do a DR in a test/lab environment.

Chau_Tran
Level 4

Hi Matthew,

That means that you are too late and the StorageDelete.exe has processed the archive that was marked for deletion has has deleted it. The only way to get it back now is to do and EV DR.

You should find the Recovery in the EV Admin Guide.

Hope that helps.

Matthew_Bennett
Level 4

Hi.

I have no idea whats happened but the User's archive store has appeared back in the EV console - Archives-Exchange Mailbox as though nothing has happened.

Would this be due to the that I did not deleted the user's AD/exchange account?

Matthew.

Chau_Tran
Level 4
Have you checked the user's archive and make that it contains all the archived items before it was deleted? Can the user restore, retrieve, search and archive explorer from Outlook and IE? Check the user's shortcuts in outlook and make sure they are orphaned. Did you re-enable the user in EV? This would recreate the user's archive and it would be blank archive.

TonySterling

It could, did you not disable the user from archiving?

If you look in the archive are there any archived items?  Most likely if you want the old archived items you will still need to do the DR.