cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Compatibility List - 24th June 2011

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There is a new Compatibility Guide released dated 24th June 2011.

See the link : Compatibility Guide

Working for cloudficient.com
8 REPLIES 8

Kai_Schröer
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I'll tried several tools to make a diff between the pdfs without success. The diffs are not readable.

I'm still waiting for a section "What's new" or anything like this.

This is also important for updated KB-Article. It's nice to know that there was a change in Article xyz, but in the most cases I have no idea what should be new on the old article.

Just wait and see...

:)

-----------------------------------
https://twitter.com/pmcs_ev

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hi Kai,

A few people have requested the same thing - I list of changes.  They *do* exist, but they're internal only at this time.  In the last discussion, earlier in the year, there were no plans to change that.

Hope that helps,

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

I have no access to the internal systems Rob mentioned and this is not official. I did a manual compare of the two docs.  Accuracy of this information is not guaranteed and I may have missed some things. 

What's New (23-March-2011 to 24-June-2011):

EV Core - Windows Server (2008) x64 edition (using WOW64) R2sp1 is supported with same requirements for R2 (p11)

SQL Server 2005 Enterprise and Standard SP4 is supported with same requirements as SP3 (p13)

SQL Server 2005 x64 Edition SP4 is supported with same requirements as SP3 (p13)

Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p20)

Clustering - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 Edition is supported with same requirements as R2 (p21)

Exchange Archiving client compatibility - Windows 7 SP1 is supported with same requirements as OR (p40)

Exchange Archiving client compatibility – Windows Vista SP1 is supported with same requirements as OR (p40)

File System Archiving – Windows Server 2008 x64 edition R2 Sp1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p51)

Content Protocols – Symantec FileStore Appliance running FileStore 5.6 is supported with same requirements as 5.5 SP1 RP2 release (p57)

Cluster support for FSA – Microsoft Cluster Server included with Windows Server 2008 x64 edition R2 SP1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p61)

Compliance Accelerator server – Windows Server 2008 x64 edition (using WOW 64) R2 SP1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p77)

Compliance Accelerator Virtualization – Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p82)

Discovery Accelerator server – Windows Server 2008 x64 edition (using WOW 64) R2 SP1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p84)

Discovery Accelerator Virtualization – Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1 is supported with same requirements as R2 (p88)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Good info Joe.

Kai_Schröer
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks Joe!

did you do it manually page per page or do you use any tools?

-----------------------------------
https://twitter.com/pmcs_ev

JosephRodgers
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

You're welcome.  I tried this http://portableapps.com/node/25587 but too many slight difference so it was a manual side-by-side compare.

-Joe

Stev0
Level 3

Folks,

After upgrading to Mac OS 10.7 (Lion), My exisitng EV 9.01 plugin install no longer apepars to fucntion within Entourage 2008.  Each time I attemtp to log in EV from the tool bar (or its pulldown menu),  I get a brief connection, the toolbar icons appear for an instant, but then reverts to logged off status.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Steve Howes

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

OSX Lion is not yet supported/certified.