cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Exchange 2007 Server

ChrisGardner
Level 3

Hello -

We have installed a Exchange 2007 server that we will migrate our 2003 mailboxes to in the future.  Currently, I am running EV 8.0.3.1845 and am archiving email and journaling against the 2003 Exchange server.

I have configured the Exchange 2007 with the vault service account and permissions as needed by the installation guide.

My question is - Should I create a new Vault Storage Group for the Exchange 2007 server or continue to user my existing Vault Storage group that I am archiving my 2003 Exchange server to?

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It really depends on whether you want to maintain OSIS between the old data and the new data. If you create a new group then nothing will be shared between the Exchange 2003 archived data and the 2007 archived data regardless of whether the content is identical

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

I would personally leave everything in the smae Vault Stores, I cannot think of a compelling reason to move to a new Vault Store.

Users are going to still be accessing data from the old VS and if you wanted a new location for post Exch2007, I owuld suggest a new Partition instead of new store.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It really depends on whether you want to maintain OSIS between the old data and the new data. If you create a new group then nothing will be shared between the Exchange 2003 archived data and the 2007 archived data regardless of whether the content is identical

ChrisGardner
Level 3

I was just curious is there was some reasoning why. 

Thanks for the answers.