cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New items not visible in Archive Explorer after upgrade from Vault v9.0.2 to v10.0.2

Zenworks2001
Level 5

Hi,

I'm validating EV (for Exchange) v10.0.2 In our DEV environment.

First, I've migrated (Vm) EV v9.0.2 (on W2K3) to (Vm) W2K8 R2 and then upgraded to v10.0.2 without issue.

Note: ESX server is v4.0 Enterprise Plus (not supported by EV v10.x) and MEM of Vm W2K8 R2 has 4GB (instead of 8GB recommended by Symantec)

Since that, new archives are not updated/visible in Archive explorer. Synchronization of indexes (64-bit) didn't update view in archive explorer and verification via EV console is Ok.

From Archive explorer, I receive this message "The archive that you are searching is being updated".

An idea how to resolve this issue?

Kr

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is the issue 'new archives', or 'new items in existing archives' ?

What happens if you use SEARCH from Outlook on a client machine?  New items visible there?

Is your indexing service :

a/ Running

b/ Index locations NOT in backup mode

?

Working for cloudficient.com

Zenworks2001
Level 5

Hi,

I mean new items in existing archive. If you mean Search Vaults, so not visible.

Indexing is running and NOT in backup mode

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

is this happening for more than one archive? can you check for any DCOM errors in the event logs?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I have only ever seen this before when the indexing service starts, then stops a few minutes later.  It would be worth checking for that too.

Working for cloudficient.com

Zenworks2001
Level 5

Hi,

Same issue for all archives: new items created are not updated in AE.

I've received a DCOM error after trying to rebuild index.

Here's the error (event 41352) :

The processing of the Rebuild Sub task has stopped following errors.

Rebuild Sub task ID: 1A2BB48C33441534B9DF1038498C6307A1110000SRVNAME_28
Reason: Undefined
Error Type: NonCritical

Description: Retrieving the COM class factory for remote component with CLSID {3A92686F-E5E8-4505-ABB5-49E5F725617A} from machine SRVNAME.MYDOMAIN.COM failed due to the following error: 80070005.

Kr,

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Kr,

On the targetserver, do you have Windows Firewall running?

Does it work when disabling the firewall? If so, you might need to add a rule to allow TCP on port 135 (DCOM)

If you search the forum for the errorcode, you find some earlier postings on this error.

Regards. Gertjan

Zenworks2001
Level 5

Hi GertjanA,

Firewall settings are Ok. DCOM is allowed on port 135.

From registry, CLSID refers to "Vault.StorageCrawler.ArchiveCrawler". This component can't be found via  "dcomcnfg". I've found "EnterpriseVault.StorageCrawler" and reapply Vault account service/password but this doens't change anything.  

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

The DCOM issue looks like the culprit.