cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA Buttons not showing up for users on a specific exchange virtual server

Dave_Tammi
Level 4

Hi,

A year ago, we installed Enterprise Vault when our Exchange servers were an active/passive, two node Microsoft cluster.

Since then we added a third server and created a new Exchange virtual server to hold half of our users.

Now we have three servers (ssmexc201, ssmexc202, ssmexc203) with half of our users on Exchange Virtual server ssmexc20a and the other half on ssmexc20b. The problem is that the users on ssmexc20b no longer have the toolbar buttons when they use OWA.

We recently upgraded to Vault 8, and are still having the same issue. The Outlook client works properly, so this has not been a show stopper, but I want to get it fixed.

We have a front-end/back-end configuration, so I connected directly to the back-end with the same results.

I created a log file and captured the logon and initial display (no buttons).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Getting an EVVersion variable of 6.0 can be caused by a number of things.  In a cluster a common one is that one of the virtual directories incorrectly points to a Public Folder store.

Open IIS Manager, and look for the Web Site with the name of your new virtual server.  Right click that, and go to properties, and check the Home Directory... it shouldn't have any reference to "public" in the folder path.  Do the same on your Exchange virtual directory within the virtual server.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Stupid question perhaps, but did you install the backend-extentions on the 2nd new exchangeserver, did you re-run the owauser.wsf script on the ev-server, using a new ExchangeServer.txt file, etc.

As it is still working on one server, not on the new one, sounds like you forgot a step.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

julianrv
Level 3
Certified
Hi Dave,

From what I see in the log looks like your EV version fails to be detected and it defaults to 6.0.

There is a quick fix for this, on your FE and BE servers create a copy of your current EV resources folder as 6.0. This folder is located ar .../Exchsrv/exchweb/EnterpriseVault/v8.0.x.xxxx so just create a copy of it as "6.0"

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Getting an EVVersion variable of 6.0 can be caused by a number of things.  In a cluster a common one is that one of the virtual directories incorrectly points to a Public Folder store.

Open IIS Manager, and look for the Web Site with the name of your new virtual server.  Right click that, and go to properties, and check the Home Directory... it shouldn't have any reference to "public" in the folder path.  Do the same on your Exchange virtual directory within the virtual server.

Dave_Tammi
Level 4
Yes I was yelling 'cause I was so excited. I didn't even have to restart the server.

Much appreciated.

Dave

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Glad to help.