cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA anon user

iwltgsfs
Level 2
Is there a document detailing how to setup the OWA Anonymous user.  The instructions say to copy one that already exists but it says it needs to be a domain account and i do not have one that i can copy from.   Looking for something detailing the security permissions and where to set them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What version are you for EV and Exchange?

The EV 8 Document "Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.chm" has the following:

To configure the anonymous user account for OWA

1. Create a domain user account to use as the anonymous user account. This should be a basic domain account specifically created for the purpose; a local machine account cannot be used. The account should not belong to any administrative group.
  2. If you are upgrading your OWA Extensions and the existing anonymous user account is a domain account, then use this account. If your existing anonymous user account is a local machine account, then you will need to create a new domain account for the anonymous user

Just create a Domain Account to use for it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

What version are you for EV and Exchange?

The EV 8 Document "Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.chm" has the following:

To configure the anonymous user account for OWA

1. Create a domain user account to use as the anonymous user account. This should be a basic domain account specifically created for the purpose; a local machine account cannot be used. The account should not belong to any administrative group.
  2. If you are upgrading your OWA Extensions and the existing anonymous user account is a domain account, then use this account. If your existing anonymous user account is a local machine account, then you will need to create a new domain account for the anonymous user

Just create a Domain Account to use for it. 

iwltgsfs
Level 2

Thanks, looks like just a normal user was needed, thought i might have to change some permissions in IIS but so far so good.   Still running in report mode but all icons are in OWA and i would login to Archive Explorer.

FYI - I did run into an issue when running the script on the EV server:

Failed to update IP address restrictions. Check that Feature Delegation for 'IPv4 Address and Domain Restrictions' is set to 'Read/Write'

Turned out in IIS 7.0 i needed change that specific feature to Read/write for the exchange ip.  Now that the change was made i can probably turn it back to read only?

TonySterling

That is good to hear.  :)

Personally, I would leave it set to Read/Write.  There is a TechNote about it:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/318209