cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA changed IP address ...

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Hello,

My OWA front-end Ex2k3 system recently chaned IP addresses and of course, I'm getting errors when trying to access archived mail thru webmail. I added the address into the IIS directory access list but I'm not sure if I need to REINSTALL the OWA FE extensions or if I can just run proxycfg. Or can I just go to Start, Programs, EV and run the OWA FE and Extensions Configuration....

Does anyone have advice on which is the best way to update my FE system? Also, does running it require a reboot?

Thank you for your help!!!
PM.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Definitely! make the proxycfg's match up and you should be good to go. :) Nice work.

Make sure the local IP of exchange is in the list.Message was edited by:
Tony Sterling

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
You should be able to just re run proxycfg with out a reboot.

I would first check the EVAnon virtual directory and make sure that the ip address is granted access on the security page.

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Thanks Tony.

I doublechecked it and i'm making progress. I actually sat down and worked out the environment.

We have 2 clustered exchange servers and I found that only 1 of them was having a problem. So that made me think it's not the front-end but the back-end. I then made sure the IP address was updated in the exchangeservers.txt on vault server and ran the cscript owauser.wsf /domain:domain /user:user /password:password /exch2003 to update the info.

I then ran proxycfg -p "" "*" on the back-end system I was having problems with and I was then able to access my archives. But I don't want to leave it like this. Should I run proxycfg -p with the same servernames that are in my working cluster's proxycfg info?

Thanks for your help Tony!Message was edited by:
Phil McDougal

TonySterling
Definitely! make the proxycfg's match up and you should be good to go. :) Nice work.

Make sure the local IP of exchange is in the list.Message was edited by:
Tony Sterling

Phil_McDougal
Level 5
Yup, that was it Tony. I made both BE system's proxycfg the same and it works like a champ. It's kinda weird that the one that was having problems, had the same info and a lot more than the first one but one I made them similar, it worked great.

Thank you for your help!
Phil.