cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA has encountered a web browsing error after installing Exchange 2007 SP2 Rollup 2

chunk68
Level 3

Last night I installed exchange 2007 SP2 rollup 2 in my organization.  Now i am getting an error when using OWA and right click on an item, instead of the OWA menu popping up an error comes up stating "Outlook Web Access has encountered a web browsing error."  The details of the error are shown below.  I was able to narrow this down to the EV OWA add-ons.  I uninstalled the add-ins and the right click functionality worked again, i then reinstalled the addons and the same error came up again.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this.  I dont want to rollback the exchange updates if possible.  Thanks

Client Information
------------------
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
CPU Class: x86
Platform: Win32
System Language: en-us
User Language: en-us
CookieEnabled: true
Mime Types:

Exception Details
-----------------
Date: Sun Jan 31 15:33:32 EST 2010
Url: https://myhostname/owa/EnterpriseVault/v8.0.3.1845/scripts/premium/listcontextmenu.js
Line: 66

Call Stack
----------
(oF)
 oF = 'undefined'
onCMLV()

Dump Event
----------
 recordset = null
 type = error
 fromElement = null
 toElement = null
 altLeft = false
 keyCode = 0
 repeat = false
 reason = 0
 data =
 behaviorCookie = 0
 source = null
 contentOverflow = false
 behaviorPart = 0
 url =
 dataTransfer = null
 ctrlKey = false
 shiftLeft = false
 dataFld =
 returnValue = undefined
 qualifier =
 wheelDelta = 0
 bookmarks = null
 button = 0
 srcFilter = null
 nextPage =
 cancelBubble = false
 x = 0
 y = 0
 srcElement = null
 screenX = 450
 screenY = 354
 srcUrn =
 origin =
 boundElements = [object]
 clientX = 260
 clientY = 160
 propertyName =
 shiftKey = false
 ctrlLeft = false
 offsetX = 0
 offsetY = 0
 altKey = false
 errorMessage = 'divEVA' is undefined
 errorUrl = https://myhostname/owa/EnterpriseVault/v8.0.3.1845/scripts/premium/listcontextmenu.js
 errorLine = 66
 errorCharacter = 5
 errorCode = 0

50 REPLIES 50

Tamir
Level 2
they still running after log files...
can you tell what is the workaround?

Tamir

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Quote the following case #'s to them
411-280-192 / 411-266-057

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
The escalation is currently with Engineering, I'll check if the technote is done in the morning, and post a link to it here.

I'll also discuss whether or not I can post the workaround.
Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Thanks Rob,

Will help several customers I think.

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
There is going to be a hotfix released for this in about a week (pending any issues encountered by QA).

Hope that helps,

Jewdave01
Level 2
I'm experiencing this in my QA enviornment.  So long as the hotfix comes this week I don't see the need for a case, otherwise I'll have to try to get the workaround.

David Harr
Senior Systems Engineer, MIS – Engineering
Univision Communications Inc.

pkieper
Level 0
Any update on the status of the technote or hotfix?  We're seeing the same issue in our environment.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Give the development some time, rob noted that it was in the pipeline for a hotfix in about a week, its only been four days or so

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
The technote is here :

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345199.htm

The hotfix is still on track (it's a post EV 8 SP 3 hotfix effectively a new install of the OWA extensions on each CAS)

GertjanA
Hello Rob,

Although I appreciate the hotfix being worked on, could you check if the hotfix will be available for previous versions also?

We are (as example) still on 8.0SP2, because we have some problems upgrading. I can imagine there might be customers on even earlier versions.

I do understand that getting the current release patched has priority, but it would be nice if customers on earlier releases/versions could also use the patch.

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 You can install the OWA extensions from 8 SP 3, SP 4 etc, on to a CAS, when your EV server is a different version. 

So if your EV server is 8 SP 2.  You can install the 8 SP 3 OWA extensions on your CAS.

Hope that helps,

GertjanA
Hello Rob,

Thanks for confirming.

Anxiously awaiting fix!

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 I have tested the hotfix, and it works.  Our QA team are checking it out a bit more thoroughly now.

Jewdave
Level 2

How long does the QA team normally take on getting these out?

GertjanA
Patience.

Although annoying, I appreciate Symantec wanting to deliver a fix that works, and not break anything else.
It has been only 11 days since this issue has been reported, I think that this is a very quick response from Symantecf, even when the fix will not be available until next week (hint!)

Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
To JewDave...

It really depends on the issue and current workload.  There is no fixed time each issue is "unique".

Jewdave
Level 2
I think the response on the issue has been quite rapid, but it does not stop the questions I'm getting.  I just thought I'd try to fish for a different answer than the canned one I've been giving.

rasobey
Level 5
 This issue will be affecting me, too - tested on a, er, test server but the prod servers will shortly be getting the RU2 treatment. Do you still need people submitting support requests?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Nope, it's been fixed and hotfix will be coming shortly, normally when an issue like this is being asked that each customer create a new case, that's to judge impact and priority within development the more people affected by an issue, especially one that affects so many and renders software inoperable, the higher the priority and the easier it is to justify the resources and efforts within development

rasobey
Level 5
 Good news, cheers JW2. Hopefully we'll be seeing the hotfix sooner rather than later!