cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA user extensions with EV5 SP5

Timothy_Hernand
Level 3
We have EV5 SP5 and would like to know if anyone can explain how to get the user extension buttons on the initial OWA (exchange 2003) page. Is this even possible? We can see the icons for archived messages and the buttons once messages are opened, but NOT on the main OWA screen.

Thanks
Tim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Yes, you can do this w/ sp5. You just need to either look on the cd or in the download zip for the file. It should be in a path similar to the one I posted.

If you need to you can download sp5 from the support website. I just downloaded it to check and the file is here:

ev50_sp5_277697\Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP5\Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP5\Server\OWA2000s\OWA2003FE

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
tim,
have you installed the backed extensions on your exchange servers, and the front end extensions on any of your front end servers?

micah

Timothy_Hernand
Level 3
We have compled the back and front end extentions and the icons are showing for items that have been sent to the vault. We are wondering if the icon buttons for restoring/downloading/searching/ and archive explorer will show up on the editor tool bar in OWA.

Thanks
Tim

TonySterling
This should help:

Document ID: 273155
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273155

Search and Archive Explorer will show, for the rest of the buttons you will need to upgrade to EV 6.0

Timothy_Hernand
Level 3
Where is the evbuttons2003.js located?
We have not been able to find it on the exchange servers.

Do we need to apply this to all exchange servers or just the front end?

Thanks
Again

TonySterling
I found it in the download zip for EV sp6, probably same for sp5

ev50_sp6_280664\Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP6\Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP6\Server\OWA2000s\OWA2003BE

there are folders for FE and BE. I would set it on the FE first and see.

Timothy_Hernand
Level 3
What EV are you working with?

We have EV5 SP5...
our managers have decided NOT to go to EV5 SP6, but upgrade to EV6 at a later date...can this be accomplished in our current enviroment?

Later
Thanks

TonySterling
Yes, you can do this w/ sp5. You just need to either look on the cd or in the download zip for the file. It should be in a path similar to the one I posted.

If you need to you can download sp5 from the support website. I just downloaded it to check and the file is here:

ev50_sp5_277697\Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP5\Enterprise Vault 5.0 SP5\Server\OWA2000s\OWA2003FE