Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off-site replication for EV

The_Chadster
Level 3
Certified
Hey all,

I'm in the process of setting up replication for my EV environment (8.0 for Exchange SP3).  It's fairly large - over 15,000 archives plus journaling for the entire infrastructure, a total of 9 archiving/journaling servers, plus DA.  We currently have our indexes/databases on EMC Clariion CX4 and our archives are on EMC Celerra.

We've engaged consulting from Symantec professional services and have been working with EMC to get a replication solution in place for off-site DR.  We aren't planning on a hot-backup site with clustering - just having a DR envrionment available and replicating our disk that we can bring online if necessary.

Either way we cut it, we are going to need to do a migration of the Celerra, because we cannot make it work the way it needs to for consistent replication.  EMC is trying to talk us into migrating ALL of our disk to the CX4 and using Recoverpoint to replicate to our off-site location.  I can't find any case studies or documentation on this at all - has anyone done it or seen it done?

Our other options would be to migrate to Netapp, as they do have a very robust replication solution for EV, or to migrate to an EMC Centera instead of a Celerra for archive storage.  As I understand this is a fairly common replication scenario as well, but it doesn't seem as well documented as the Netapp.

Has anyone configured any of these methods of off-site replicaton and have any feedback?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Chadster

Instead of buying really expensive hardware just for replication, have a look at our tool EV NearSync, which could achieve what you want even with your Celerra :)

http://www.evtools.net/products/ev-nearsync

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

The_Chadster
Level 3
Certified
Michel,

We'd still need to replicate our indexes/databases etc. correct?  How does this work with the level of consistency required by EV across all your data?