cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old emails in Outlook client waiting to be archived ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi All,

I'm using EV Version: 10.0.4.1189

May I know why in one of my Outlook 2013 user client, the email has grey box (archive) icon with a clock on it ?

"Emails get the placeholder icon (icon is a clock), and the message This item is being archived by Enterprise Vault , do not copy, move or delete this item."

It's been like that since 3 days but nothing is archived.

So how to remove that grey message everytime the user opened archived email ?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi John,

the clock icon indicates the item is awaiting backup. Is the data location backed up, and the archive attribute cleared?

If that (succesfull backup) is the case, you basically have two options:

1 - in the mailarchiving policy, tab advanced, dropdown Archiving General, Pending Shortcut Timeout.

If that is set to 0, set the archiving task for the server where the maibox resides to report mode (checkbox), restart task. Perform a run now, on this one mailbox. That should remove the 'pending archiving', and revert back to a normal item.

If set to 'a value' determine if the item is eligible to be converted back to normal. (i.e. if the value is 7, it will be turned back into a normal item on day 8).

2 - get 'docmessageclass.exe' (see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH49295 ) and change the messageclass for that item back to IPM.Note.

As remark, as long as the item is in 'pending archiving' state, it is the full item. Therefor, changing it back to IPM.Note will give you the full item again. It will then be rearchived when it adheres to the policy.

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

You can also select the item in Outlook, go to the EV icon and click on the Cancel button.  This will revert it back to a normal message and it will get rearchived on the next run.