cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 Issues with EV 2007

Jae_Bishop
Level 3
I sucessfully have setup EV 2007 to archive a few mailboxes but am having some issues with Outlook 2007. If anyone has any tips I would love to hear them.

Issue #1: If open an email message that has been archived, the message comes up, but with a message at the top of the email "Error 430 Class does not support automation".  I also get this same message if I search the vault from inside Outlook 2007.

Issue #2: I have installed the forms/buttons in Outlook 2007, I see all the buttons except the red x button that allows a user to delete an item from the vault. It doesn't show either in the EV Web search tool either. I do have the "users allowed to delete items from the vault " option enabled.

Thanks much
2 REPLIES 2

gfisher99
Level 3
I have the EVClient running on two of my machines, both running Office 2007.  I dont have the problem you are seeing.

As for the red X.. Make sure if you have recently changed the setting to allow people to delete from their archives that you synchronize the mailboxes in the Mailbox Archiving Policy.  After that, make sure you close and re-open Outlook.

HTH
Greg

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Sounds like PST creation is disabled in Outlook 2007 - Check out this technote - http://support.veritas.com/docs/290759