cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 SP2 and Enterprise Vault addin

rm987
Level 2

I have a user that when he tries to open emails that are archived some of the content is missing.  This is the case for all his emails.  I have re-installed EV and he has also been upgraded to EV v9.0.2.1061 and have run  ResetEVClient.exe but still no luck.  When he uses OWA he has no problems.  Any ideas anyone please????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically when that happens, the item will open up with a gray bar at the top and it will say either "This Item Has Been Archived By Enterprise Vault" or "There was an error loading this item"
Once you click the grey banner, it will either give you a pop up with the error message (if it says there was an error) or it will open the message in ViewMessage.asp (if it says the item was archived by Enterprise Vault)

So first thing you should do, is click the grey banner, see what it gives you in terms of error messages
Have the user from their machine go to http://yourEVServer/EnterpriseVault/ and ensure they can search and retrieve messages OK.

Sometimes I have also seen this when the user has recently changed their password and Windows is sending the cached credentials across to the EV Server and you are simply getting an access denied message in the background.
If thats the case you need to clear out the credentials through Managed Passwords in the "User Accounts" section of the windows control panel.

Other things can be that the desktop policy is set to show the contents rather than the original message
or the Outlook vBS DLL file is missing (typically in Terminal Service and Citrix environments)
or that you have Scripting disabled in the inbox, in which case the forms won't function correctly

Other than that though, would really need to see a client trace where the user tries to retrieve the item

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Typically when that happens, the item will open up with a gray bar at the top and it will say either "This Item Has Been Archived By Enterprise Vault" or "There was an error loading this item"
Once you click the grey banner, it will either give you a pop up with the error message (if it says there was an error) or it will open the message in ViewMessage.asp (if it says the item was archived by Enterprise Vault)

So first thing you should do, is click the grey banner, see what it gives you in terms of error messages
Have the user from their machine go to http://yourEVServer/EnterpriseVault/ and ensure they can search and retrieve messages OK.

Sometimes I have also seen this when the user has recently changed their password and Windows is sending the cached credentials across to the EV Server and you are simply getting an access denied message in the background.
If thats the case you need to clear out the credentials through Managed Passwords in the "User Accounts" section of the windows control panel.

Other things can be that the desktop policy is set to show the contents rather than the original message
or the Outlook vBS DLL file is missing (typically in Terminal Service and Citrix environments)
or that you have Scripting disabled in the inbox, in which case the forms won't function correctly

Other than that though, would really need to see a client trace where the user tries to retrieve the item

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

What version of EV server are you running? Is the user enabled for vault cache? I had a user with the same problem last week. I checked what you did and also all of what JW2 mentioned, but it turned out that my user's Vault Cache was corrupted so I reset her vault cache and it fixed the issue. Does the user have the same issue when he logs on to another machine, or if you recreate the user's outlook or/and windows profile? Recreating Windows profile is a bit extreme so test everything else first before doing this bit.

rm987
Level 2

I will try this and let you know what happens.  Thanks