Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook searches fail - Enterprise vault

shorton
Level 2

Running Windows 7 64bit
Office 2016
Enterprise vault

My searches inside outlook normally incldue my current local exchange folders as well as the "My Vault" folders.  Recently the searches stopped giving any results for anything in the vault.  I have rebuilt the Windows Index several times, even stopped the service, cleared it and let it rebuild from scratch.  I have fiddled with the what to search section several times trying a variety of folders.  Nothing I've done has worked.  I cannot get the Outlook search to give results from the vault folders.  The "Search Vaults" web interface does function, but it is very kludgy to use compared to using Outlooks search utility.  It slows me down considerably as I am constantly searching for things in my vault folders.

Can anyone help me get the indexing working again including the enterprise vault folder results?  I am out of ideas to cure or troubleshoot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shorton
Level 2

This appears to be the fix.  I did a bunch of things that did not work.  I think this fixed it:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-search-stops-working-after-updating-to-build-7870-2...

FWIW, in addition to that I had also removed the vault PST from the Account (File, Account Settings,Account Settings, Data Files, Select "Vault" and remove it.  Restarted Outlook.  Then I re-enabled via File, Enterprise Vault, Configure Vault Cache, Virtual Vault, Checked my Vault in the list (it was unchecked at that point).

Check Outlook Index status and it was indexing.  When it finished, I could search again.

Phew.  PITA, took a week to get it to work.  Hopefully it "sticks"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shorton
Level 2

This appears to be the fix.  I did a bunch of things that did not work.  I think this fixed it:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-search-stops-working-after-updating-to-build-7870-2...

FWIW, in addition to that I had also removed the vault PST from the Account (File, Account Settings,Account Settings, Data Files, Select "Vault" and remove it.  Restarted Outlook.  Then I re-enabled via File, Enterprise Vault, Configure Vault Cache, Virtual Vault, Checked my Vault in the list (it was unchecked at that point).

Check Outlook Index status and it was indexing.  When it finished, I could search again.

Phew.  PITA, took a week to get it to work.  Hopefully it "sticks"

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Good find. Can you mark your own entry as 'solution'?

This way others know it has a solution.

Thanks,

Regards. Gertjan

Yes, will do.  I wanted to let it "cook" a day to make sure it was OK :)  So far so good.