cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Locator Task - Computers Search = No

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
I know I must have messed up a setting somewhere, but after the PST Locator Task came back with all the Computers, all of them had the Search Column set to NO. I want the task to search all computers, but I don't want to change the attribute on all 400 computers individually. Any ideas? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Has it always been checked? I do not believe it is by default. If you did check it recently were the services restarted? Changing the check box is not retroactive.

You could delete the contents of the PSTComputer table in the directory database and repopulate the list.

However I *would not* recommend doing this if you have already started to migrate PST files from computers. Of course if the are all set to do not search I doubt it. :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
On the property page of the PST Locator Task check the Settings tab.

Is the box checked for By default search PST's on each computer?

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
Yes it is.. I synchronized, reran, picked up 1 additional machine. Very strange...

TonySterling
Has it always been checked? I do not believe it is by default. If you did check it recently were the services restarted? Changing the check box is not retroactive.

You could delete the contents of the PSTComputer table in the directory database and repopulate the list.

However I *would not* recommend doing this if you have already started to migrate PST files from computers. Of course if the are all set to do not search I doubt it. :)

Morgan_Hamilton
Level 4
Partner
Thanks!! I deleted the computers that hadn't been scanned in the table and reran the policy. I originally didn't have that box ticked. Thanks again.