cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Migration failed

Contonso
Level 4
Hi there,

I have problems with migrating of PST files.

It doesn't matter server driven or via wizzard. The error is alway the same.  It stops migrating with Event ID 6593.
I have found out with Dtrace that the PST files contains corrupt messages or folders. If I remove these folders or files then it works.

I have also foud out that only the PST files containing converted Lotus Notes items have these problems. 

Four years ago we were using Lotus Notes for emailing. In the migration process from Notes to Exchange we converted the notes R5 .nsf files to PST.
We used  a tool called "uniaccess" for the converting of the .nsf files. Some of the user had copied their files in their Exchange mailbox others kept the PST files. 

What I would like to know is if there is a way to migrate these files without stopping. It is very unconfortable to run for every PST file a Dtrace to locate the "corrupt" files or folders in the PST.
Is there any tool which can repair the PST files (scanpst does not help) before migrating? Or is there any other way you know. Any ideas or experiences?

We had also problems with enabling of users who had Notes folders. But it was not that much. We are runnung EV8 SP2.

Thanks for your help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I'm not entirely sure how much it will help.. If you are not creating shortcuts in the mailbox for the ingested items, then that means that the "failing" items, and ineligible items will remain in the PST file.

But at least it won't fail the PST ingestion.

Try this link :

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/332564.htm
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
There is a post 8 SP 2 hotfix, also included in 8 SP 3 which allows you to "carry on" over items which fail to migrate.  If you have the option to create shortcuts in the mailbox as part of your migration, then at the end of the migration the ineligible items AND the "corrupt" items will get moved to your mailbox along with the shortcuts.

Hope that helps

Contonso
Level 4
Hi Rob,

Thanks for you answer.

We are not creating shortcuts for migrated PST files.

Can you give me some more details about this hotfix?Link etc.

BR

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I'm not entirely sure how much it will help.. If you are not creating shortcuts in the mailbox for the ingested items, then that means that the "failing" items, and ineligible items will remain in the PST file.

But at least it won't fail the PST ingestion.

Try this link :

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/332564.htm

Contonso
Level 4
Thanks, Rob.

I will try.

Contonso
Level 4
Works fine. Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6