Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pointers left, when archived mailbox are rolled back into Exchange

petsch
Not applicable
Partner
Hi

I have a scenario, where we need to rollback the archvied mailboxes of several users back into Exchange, using the feature in EV.
But for some users, the import back into Exchange is sucessfull, but the pointers (stub) to the archived items are still available to the users.

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Thanks,

/Peter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Sounds like your users moved the shortcuts from one location to another and the restore put the emaiil back to the original location.
i.e if i archive an item in \inbox, but then move \inbox\mySubfolder

If i do a restore to the original location, such as through Export Archives Wizard, then it would go to \inbox and the shortcut would remain in \mySubFolder
If i do a restore through the EV Client i can get it to restore to \mySubFolder

In Enterprise Vault 8 there is the Update Shortcut Locations which would update the EV references to move the shortcut from \inbox to \mySubFolder
the restore should then move the items back to the new location as opposed to the original location, except for a known issue when restoring items through AE, which regardless will restore to the original location.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

How are you rolling back?  Are you using the Export Archive wizard?  Also, what version of EV?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Sounds like your users moved the shortcuts from one location to another and the restore put the emaiil back to the original location.
i.e if i archive an item in \inbox, but then move \inbox\mySubfolder

If i do a restore to the original location, such as through Export Archives Wizard, then it would go to \inbox and the shortcut would remain in \mySubFolder
If i do a restore through the EV Client i can get it to restore to \mySubFolder

In Enterprise Vault 8 there is the Update Shortcut Locations which would update the EV references to move the shortcut from \inbox to \mySubFolder
the restore should then move the items back to the new location as opposed to the original location, except for a known issue when restoring items through AE, which regardless will restore to the original location.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Is this EV 8?
It sounds like JW2 scenario might be what you're encountering.  This has been logged as a bug, but it's not a trivial fix, and there is no current time line unfortunately.
Working for cloudficient.com