cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to create Exchange mailbox archives "manually" ?

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

let's imagine the following scenario.

Customer has hundreds/thousands of PST files historically. But he no longer operates on-premise MS Exchange environment for a few years, he is running Exchange 365.

He is now considering Enterprise Vault purchase to import these legacy PST files.

However for this import you need "Exchange Mailbox" type of EV archive(s) as a target. And without live on-prem Exchange environment, you cannot provision/create these archives, am I right?

Is there any way to create these archives "manually", or import PST into EV when you dont have a live on prem Exchange environment?

Regards

Michal

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

You can create Exchange Mailbox archives using the Content Management API. Your user flair says you're with a Veritas Partner, so have a look in your Enterprise Vault Application Programmer's Guide at the "IArchive :: Create" method.

Also, it is not technically required that you import into Exchange Mailbox archives. It should be possible to import these PSTs into Shared archives as well. That's not a good solution for your situation for a number of reasons, but I thought I should clear up the misconception that you can only import to Exchange Mailbox archives.

--Chris

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

there is also a way to archive O365 mailboxes and ingest the PSTs accordingly.