cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing close button in Outlook AE gives script error.

BruGuy
Level 6
Hello,

Need some help please. We had a user who had no "close" button in their Archive Explorer in Outlook 2002. We had them run ResetEvClient, reg-register the Valkyrie.dll and even run fixmapi and the button appeared. However, now when they press it they get a "script has an error" popup window.

If they open the IE-based archive explorer, they don't get any script error. But they really need to be able to open it from Outlook. Has anyone seen this before please?

They're local admin and have added the EV server to their trusted zone in IE. I know they have extra security software on the PC though.

Thanks,

- Alan.

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Have you tried uninstalling the extensions and reinstalling them?  Which version of the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in are you using?
Working for cloudficient.com

BruGuy
Level 6
Hi Rob,

We're using Outlook 2002 so forced to use EV 7.5SP2.

Found a workaround: if we create a second Outlook folder with the homepage pointing towards the AE, then the close button in both folders doesn't produce a script error... but unfortunately it no longer closes the AE either! It closes the level that you're on, e.g., if you're in a sub-folder, it brings you to the parent folder. Weird stuff.

- Alan.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
What operating system is this on?  is it just one user, or many?

BruGuy
Level 6
EV8.0 SP2 on W2K3. Client is XP SP2 with Outlook 2002 latest SP.

I can reproduce it on a separate EV 8.0 server in a VM using a client installed from the Office XP/Windows XP CDs with the default options, so it falls into "many users". We're just starting to deploy "real" users so we only have about 20. We will end up with a lot more...

The folder is created using EVPM and an INI as follows:

"[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=ev1
SiteName=evsite1

[Mailbox]
LDAPquery = legacyExchangeDN= /O=MyCo/OU=Here/cn=Recipients/cn=DOEJANE

[Folder]
Name = \! Archived Items
URL = http://evsite1.myco.local/EnterpriseVault/ArchiveExplorerUI.asp?outlook
Filtername = DoNotArchive
OverrideArchiveLocks = True"

Have to use a short version of the URL parameter cos it's limited in length.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
What exactly is the script error?  Can you attach a screenshot to your first post perhaps?

BruGuy
Level 6
imagebrowser image

Seems to be referring to "UserFunctions.js", a function called "CloseArchiveExplorer". Trying to get the TreePane value?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Sorry I don't have any other ideas at the moment, unless you try the Outlook extensions from a later 2007 service pack.

BruGuy
Level 6
We're using the latest ones from 7.5 SP2 so no luck there. What's annoying is that the EV8 add-ons were originally listed in the compat grid as working with OLK 2002. The install won't even proceed now... we can't upgrade Outlook clients in a hurry here.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Try the EV 2007 SP 6 extensions... that's what I meant by later client, sorry, I should have been clearer.