cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Removing Automatically Set Permission

Mr_Anderson
Level 4

I have 1 mailbox that had the group "everyone" with full mailbox rights given to it in AD users and computers on the Exchange advanced/ Mailbox rights area.  I couldnt tell you why someone would have set that, but that's besides the issue.  I've removed the full mailbox check mark and just the default Read check box is set now.  In Enterprise Vault I have gone to Tasks and Resynced the Archiving settings, Mailbox Properties and permissions and Folder hierachy and permissions of this one account and this didnt fix the problem.  There is still full access to everyone showing up greyed out in automatically set permissions for this user looking at the properties of the user's archive.

How can I remove this Automatically set grey'd out permission?

Thanks guys:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Mr. Anderson,

Try  refreshing your console by highlight the Exchange Mailbox folder and pressing F5.  It's possible your console is not showing you the results of the Sync

-Joe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mr_Anderson
Level 4
Okay, well there is probably something else I could have done for this to update, but restarting the windows EV services seemed to do the trick.  Currently now if I look at my outlook even with restarting outlook, I still see the mailbox I dont have permission to anymore and can view its contents.  if i log onto a new pc, I see it is gone now, but not on the origional pc.  Thoughts?  I'm still digging.

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

Mr. Anderson,

Try  refreshing your console by highlight the Exchange Mailbox folder and pressing F5.  It's possible your console is not showing you the results of the Sync

-Joe