cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Enabling Exchange 2007 mailboxes for archiving

EV_Wanabee
Level 4
Hi all, (EV2007 SP4, Exchange 2003/2007 Co-existence)

I recently installed 2 new Exchange 2007 SCC mailbox Servers into my environment and have performed the following to get them to work with EV: (Used following online resource for pointers)http://telnetport25.wordpress.com/2008/04/13/windows-2008-ccr-clustering-symantec-enterprise-vault-2...

-Created 2 EV mailboxes
-Used ADSI Edit to assign EV Service Account perms to new mailbox Server (Exchange server Admin) and Full Controll to the 2 mailboxes (tested and can open both mailboxes with VSA)
-Created Targets and 2 new EV Tasks for the 2 Exchange 2007 mailbox Servers

Any new mailboxes created on Exchange 2007 have the zz_ev account with full access.

Problem: When I try to manually enable an account and select the mailbox server it lists no mailboxes to enable? If I use the EVPM script that we use to enable mailboxes (I added in the parameters for the new servers and EVmailboxes) it runs successfully and the log reports that the mailbox I tested has been enabled.  But I cannot see it in the Console. When I run a query to find the MbxAlias in the EVDirectory Database it finds nothing.

I found the following technote and points 1- 3 are fine -http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/285147.htm, point 4 is the query i ran which found nothing.

Migrated mailboxes seem to work fine (Apart from If I select to disable MY archive it finds my account on the 2007 server and allows me to disable it.  However, when i then scan the same server to enable it the account cannot be found).  I moved my mb from 2003 to 2007 yesterday, ran synchronisation on the Task, and I could restore, archive, delete etc with no problems. I have not specified permissions for the OWA Anonymous user as yet but I cant believe this would impact what i am trying to do.

I am sure I am just missing something simple, can anyone help?

Thanks guys
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are all your mailboxes provisioned?  Can you manually run a mailbox synch for the new Exchange Servers?  If not, can you dtrace that process for us?

regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are all your mailboxes provisioned?  Can you manually run a mailbox synch for the new Exchange Servers?  If not, can you dtrace that process for us?

regards,

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Yes, I'd say that this is a provisioning issue, too. Anything unusual in the eventlogs?

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

EV_Wanabee
Level 4

I think you were right.  I came in the next day and it was all working fine.  i had manually run the provisioning Task a few times on the day but it didn't fix it but then overnight something "worked" I guess.  I also had an issue at the same timer where the Vault Mailbox archives list took 10 minutes to load which also fixed itself overnight.  Go figure!

Thanks for the tips guys, it kept me in the right area.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
It could have been replication, not really a provisioning issue.  If it magically worked then this points more to replication to the GC that EV was targeting.

MichelZ
Level 6
Well, at least the problem was solved ;)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.