Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing EV OWA Extensions

Gangi
Level 2
Certified

Hello

I am having problems installing OWA extensions in test environment. Config I have is a Windows DC that is also the Exchange mailbox server and has OWA running on it. The error I get when trying to install backend owa setup is:

The Enterprise Vault Exchange 2003 OWA extensions require changes to files in the Microsoft Controls folder. Copies of the Microsoft OWA files that are changed by this installation could not be saved. The Enterprise Vault changes to the Microsoft OWA files have not been made. See the OWA instructions in 'Installing and  configuring'. Do you want to continue the installation anyway?

I see that some of the control files have been saved in a 'controls-originals copied by enterprise vault' directory. Any ideas why this is happening? I could not find any information about this message.

Thanks

Matt

2 REPLIES 2

rcphelpdesk
Not applicable

Took me a while to figure out the procedure on this.  The first thing you need to do is copy the files from the 'Controls-originals copied by Enterprise Vault' folder to the original 'controls' folder.  Then move the 'Controls-originals copied by Enterprise Vault' folder out of the parent folder so you only have the 'cabs' and 'controls' folders in that folder.  The install should work normally once you've done that.

Rahul_Sharma1
Level 3
Employee Accredited

Hello Matt,

You may refer this for detailed steps:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54885