cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Problems starting EV Indexing Service after upgrade to 10.0.3

Gunnar_Vinje
Level 3

After I upgraded a site from Enterprise vault 10.0.1 to 10.0.3 the Enterprise Vault Indexing Service will stop after 30 seconds. It seems like when the EV Indexing Service starts, it will still try to do the installation, but it fails.

The event viewer for Symantec Enterprise Vault gives an event id of 41298:

The Indexing Service has stopped (10.0.3.1090). 
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=10.0.3.0&build=10.0.3.1090&error=V-437-41298

There is no information to be found on the url in the document.

There is also an event with id 41293:

Configuration Error 
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=10.0.3.0&build=10.0.3.1090&error=V-437-41293

The only error I can find here is "Error with the Enterprise Vault Services after an uninstall of the Enterprise Vault Client from the server".

I am running Backtrace at the moment, and I managed to find that this url is failing (line 36 is in red color):

http://localhost/evindexing/velocity.aspx?v.app=api-soap

Configuration Error 
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'VivisimoNET' or one of its dependencies. Modules which are not in the manifest were streamed in. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131043)

Source Error: 

Line 34:         <add assembly="System.IdentityModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089, processorArchitecture=MSIL" />
Line 35:         <add assembly="System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
Line 36:         <add assembly="VivisimoNET" />
Line 37:         <add assembly="Velocity" />
Line 38:       </assemblies>

Source File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp\web.config    Line: 36 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'VivisimoNET' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456 

I will now try to trace some more, but I think I need some help here. A backtrace log file is attached.

Thank you
Gunnar Vinje
Atea AS, Norway
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

the problem resolve after I delete  the temp .net

please see the procedure.

1.iisreset /stop

2. rename the folder under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\evindexing    to .old

3. iisreset /start

4. Start EV indexing

Ronen

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

there are a few other forumposts on this.

one has to do with the timezone (however weird that is) https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev-1002-indexing-processing-500-items-hour

the other one was resolved by a reinstall. during the configuration, select to use existing database, that will use same settings.

Regards. Gertjan

Gunnar_Vinje
Level 3

Thanks for a quick answer GertjanA.

I have changed the time zone from CET (Central European Time) to EST, ran all the Windows Updates to the server (2008 RS 64 bit), and restarted the server.

Now I have an EV Indexing Service keeping up longer, and 5 processes with EVConverterSandbox.exe. So far this is looking more promising as a lot of mail is being converted.

There are still some strange errors, and the EV Indexing Service stops after a while, but I will monitor the server, and see what happens. I can post back with the error messages later.

-Gunnar

Gunnar_Vinje
Level 3

I still have problems with "Server Error in '/EVIndexing Application', browsing the web page http://localhost/evindexing/velocity.aspx?v.app=api-soap.

Configuration Error

Could not load file or assembly 'VivisimoNET' or one of its dependencies. Modules which are not in the manifest were streamed in. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131043)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = IIS APPPOOL\EVIndexingPool
LOG: DisplayName = VivisimoNET
 (Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Enterprise Vault/EVIndexing/www/asp/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp\bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp\web.config
LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Aspnet.config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80131043.

I think this is the reason that makes the EV Indexing Service stop after a while.

Gunnar_Vinje
Level 3

I am still struggling with this installation. Enterprise Vault is running, but the Indexing service is stopping with an error Configuration Error. This is the same message I get when I try to browse the page:

http://localhost/evindexing/velocity.aspx

I have also tried to run filereregister.bat, and get some errors doing this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault>"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2

.0.50727\RegAsm.exe"/tlb /codebase /verbose "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise V

ault\KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement.dll"

Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Assembly Registration Utility 2.0.50727.5420

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2004.  All rights reserved.

Types registered successfully

Type 'K' exported.

Type library exporter warning processing 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement.

EvProcess+StartUpInfo.cb, KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement'. Warning: The p

ublic struct contains one or more non-public fields that will be exported.

Type library exporter warning processing 'KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement.

EvProcess+StartUpInfo.lpReserved, KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement'. Warnin

g: Type 'StartUpInfo' has a method or field with a native type of NATIVE_TYPE_LP

TSTR which cannot be exported to COM.

EvProcess+StartUpInfo.lpDesktop, KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement'. Warning

: Type 'StartUpInfo' has a method or field with a native type of NATIVE_TYPE_LPT

STR which cannot be exported to COM.

EvProcess+StartUpInfo.lpTitle, KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement'. Warning:

Type 'StartUpInfo' has a method or field with a native type of NATIVE_TYPE_LPTST

R which cannot be exported to COM.

Type 'K' exported.

EvProcess+ProcessInformation.hProcess, KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement'. W

arning: The public struct contains one or more non-public fields that will be ex

ported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

CreateProcessResult.m_process, KVS.EnterpriseVault.ProcessManagement'. Warning:

The public struct contains one or more non-public fields that will be exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Type 'K' exported.

Assembly exported to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\KVS.EnterpriseVaul

t.ProcessManagement.tlb', and the type library was registered successfully

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault>"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0

.50727\RegAsm.exe"/tlb /codebase /verbose "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vau

lt\EVTelemetryLib.dll"

Type 'S' exported.

Type 'S' exported.

Assembly exported to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVTelemetryLib.tlb

', and the type library was registered successfully

C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault>"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0

.50727\RegAsm.exe"/codebase /verbose "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Sy

mantec.EnterpriseVault.EVPushWrapper.dll"

.50727\RegAsm.exe"/tlb /codebase /verbose "C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vau

lt\FSAReportingClient.dll"

Assembly exported to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\KVS.EnterpriseVaul

t.FileServerManagementStub.tlb', and the type library was registered successfull

y

lt\EVDominoLibrary.dll"

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Type library exporter warning processing 'IDomDXL2.ImportDXL_Stm(sDxlFile), EVDo

minoLibrary'. Warning: Type library exporter could not find the type library for

'System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IStream'.  IUnknown was substituted fo

r the interface.

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Type 'I' exported.

Type 'D' exported.

Assembly exported to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVDominoLibrary.tl

b', and the type library was registered successfully

lt\KVS.EnterpriseVault.LotusDominoCommon.dll"

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

we have a same error,

please update me if the problem resolve?

Thanks Ronen

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Has support been involved?
Working for cloudficient.com

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

yes I open case.

Ronen

Gunnar_Vinje
Level 3

Great, I hope this will be resolved. I have just finished a new server, but used 10.0.2. I do now dare to use 10.0.3 until this has been resolved.

Please let me know if you get a solution.

Gunnar

Gunnar_Vinje
Level 3

I have done som more testing, and I get en error in IIS Manager.

IIS Manager / <server name> / Default Web Site / EVIndexing.

At the bottom, select Configuration Editor, and Right click and select Basic Settings.

When I click Test Settings... I get the error "There was an error while eprforming this operation. Details: Invalid application path".

Site name: Default Web Site
Path: /
Alias: EVIndexing
Application pool: EVIndexingPool
Physical path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVIndexing\www\asp
Pass-through authentication

Gunnar

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Was this ever resolved, and is it anything to do with FIPS?

Ronen_Tzimbel
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

the problem resolve after I delete  the temp .net

please see the procedure.

1.iisreset /stop

2. rename the folder under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\evindexing    to .old

3. iisreset /start

4. Start EV indexing

Ronen

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Sounds good Ronen.

Fr_d_ric_Verbey
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you Ronen. 

In my case I had no evindexing directory existing but only commands "iisreset /stop" & "iisreset /start" has corrected the issue (without rename).

I just want to let it know for others...

Cheers,

Fred