cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with OWA and Exchange 2003.

JohnRPFL
Level 3
Migrating to a new Exchange 2003 server, ( From 2003 ), and trying to migrate the OWA functionality. 
Running Enterprise Vault 5, all followed  the instructions on setting up the new backend... The Front Ends are staying the same, and the Vault computer is the same... But after many attempts, all that happens is in OWA when you click on an archived Item, A new blank IE screen opens.  Any help where to look would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
did you run through the section on Configuring OWA on the Enterprise Vault server?

It wont work from the FE until it can work from the BE.  You will need to add the ip address of the new exchange server to the ExchangeServers.txt file.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JohnRPFL
Level 3
Does a new backend server require re-running the configuring of the extensions of the Front End server?
I have rerun the backend process numerous times, and still only recieve a blank IE screen when trying to retrieve a vaulted message.

TonySterling
If you access the backend directly does it work?  That should be your first check.  You will most likely need to set the proxycfg for the new backend and rerun the setup for the front end.

Look for a document called EVConfigExchange, it should be on the root of Enterprise Vault.

In case you missed it, EV 5 is End of Life'd, so I recommend an upgrade asap.  :)

JohnRPFL
Level 3
Thanks, will try that...  
As for the upgrade... Planning on getting started on that once I make sure everything is running fine on the new server.  My understanding is that I will have to jump to 6 first and then 7.

TonySterling
For upgrade pointers you can check out the UpgradeInstructions_EN.htm that is part of the EV7 and EV 2007 installation media. 

There will also be a Upgrade Best Practice out soon. 

Good luck.

JohnRPFL
Level 3
Attaching directly to the back end didnt work.  Read that document, that is the one I used.
what is the prxycfg you mentioned?

TonySterling
did you run through the section on Configuring OWA on the Enterprise Vault server?

It wont work from the FE until it can work from the BE.  You will need to add the ip address of the new exchange server to the ExchangeServers.txt file.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
John

Have you got this working again?
Please consider upgrading your EV Installation, too.
There is no support for EV5 anymore, and current Version is 2007.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.